Window or Mirror?

For starters, what is a window or a mirror in this context? Well, if a book is a mirror to you, then the character, plot, or something else is very relatable to you or your life. If a book is a window to you, however, it might be relatable in some small ways, but it’s mostly not very relatable. Most books are probably going to be windows, especially if you like reading books with dragons and spies and magic, (unless you’re a… magical dragon spy, which something tells me nobody reading this is) but not necessarily for everybody.

The book I’m currently is The Mark of Athena, by Rick Riordan. It’s the third book in The Heroes of Olympus series, which is the follow up series to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. This book is about a group of seven demigods (people who have a godly parent) who, by the order of an ancient prophecy, have to stop the rising of Gaea, who is, basically, the earth (the ground, not the planet.) I’m sort of scared to say more then that, because even through I could probably reveal more, I don’t want to spoil anything, because there are SO MANY important plot details that are revealed during the book, some in one of the first chapters, some almost at the end of the book.

This book is definitely a window to me — I’m not a demigod, for one thing, (although I wish I was) and I’m also not on a quest to save the world (although, again, I wish I was.) I also don’t really relate to any of the characters that much — they’re all great characters, but none of them are really much like me.

Anyways, this is a great book, I’d highly recommend reading it — although make sure to read the first two books in the series and the Percy Jackson series before you do, if you haven’t already. Thanks for reading! Bye!

2 thoughts on “Window or Mirror?”

1. I like how you explained what a window is and what a mirror is. I also really like this book and the series it’s in. I recommend reading it.